Arbor View House Bed & Breakfast
Address: 8900 Main Rd, East Marion, NY 11939
Arbor View House Bed and Breakfast was built early in the 18th century (circa 1780) and was originally in the Federal style. It was a small house with the entrance at the side of the house. Around 1873 it was purchased, added to and renovated in the then current Victorian manner by Captain Vail. The Vail family is one of the earliest families to inhabit these shores. This house is one of three remaining houses built or renovated by whaling Captains in East Marion, originally called Little Oysterpond, (Orient was called Big Oysterpond) Capt. Vail is buried in the local cemetery along with many other Vails.
To be featured: Get Black Listed